Embedded Software Engineer
Join our Development team based in our Brighton office, where you will be responsible for creating a scalable and optimised embedded software system through the full embedded software development lifecycle.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- Follow the modules’ design and feasibility plan according to project requirements, and determine successful implementation using awareness across our product ranges (both new and existing).
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug existing software.
- Collaborate with other teams and programs to share the understanding and knowledge of modules across all platform work, proposing solutions and identifying risks.
- Articulate progress and issues with clear technical updates to project teams and contribute to decision-making.
- Understand and follow the company design processes and procedures (PCP/ECR/ECO/PLM).
- Interface with application software and optimise I/O performance.
- Assess third party and open source software
Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C, C++ or QT
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Embedded Linux Platform development experience with GDB Debugging, Valgrind & Massif
- Experience programming on ARM multi-core processors
- Ability to Listen effectively and translate information clearly
- Confidence to with make decisions and build credibility across departments.
How to Apply
To play an important part with the market leader in the access control industry, click apply now.