Join our team based in our Brighton office where you will provide effective related facilities services for our employees that represent value for money and ensure a safe, secure environment for staff, contractors and visitors. You will also be responsible for liaising with local managers, staff and contractors to deliver a sustainable, compliant operational programme across our UK sites and ensures that our company premises are kept in a good state of repair. Please note you will be required to travel to our Eastbourne factory at least once/twice a week.
- Planning essential central services such as security maintenance, cleaning, waste-disposal and recycling.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
- Co-ordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Work alongside the Facilities and H&S officer to comply with all H&S procedures. Carry out the core H&S tasks such as site inspections, risk assessments, safe working practices, fire & first aid compliance. Reporting breaches or potential hazards as required.
- To support the Facilities Manager on a variety of tasks such as Project and Contractor Management, planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, and re-organising current premises.
- You must have some experience of working in a similar role within facilities management.
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- To act with integrity and be approachable as managers and staff must feel able to report issues to you;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for details and strong organisational skills
- Technical knowledge of building services such as IOSH managing safely
- Some experience of Health and Safety management in the workplace and the ability to write risk assessments.
How to Apply
To play an important part with the market leader in the access control industry, click apply now.