Manufacturing Engineer – PCBA
Join our manufacturing team based in our Eastbourne office where you will be responsible for productionising new products into the manufacturing facility, for PCB assembly, electro–mechanical assembly and test. You will also support the extended Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and Plated Through Hole (PTH) areas, providing technical expertise, programming, training, guidelines and industry best practices for the process plant and equipment.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge with a company that is continuing to grow, then don’t delay submitting your application, as we will be moving our SMT function to our Brighton location by the end of 2022, where you will play a key role in the support and setting up of the layout on this site.
- Responsible for programming the pick & place machines, selective soldering, re-flow ovens and AOI equipment
- Training and competency assessment (including Health & Safety) of operatives within production and to maintain accurate records of such training and assessments.
- To perform trial runs of new PCBA designs to support the transition of development projects through the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
- Performance measure equipment for up-time availability, utilisation and process yield, and ultimately recording of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Drive continuous improvement through process excellence, plant utilisation and set-up reduction.
- Responsible for providing set-up, run and total cycle times for all PCBA’s to validate costs.
- To provide support in the Design for Manufacture (DFM), Assembly & Test process for NPI, advising on both process capability and best practice.
- Ensure manufacturability and lean processing is considered throughout the product design lifecycle and opportunities to reduce product and project cost are identified, reported, and realised wherever possible
- Provide manufacturing decision making information by calculating production, labour and material costs and estimating future requirements.
- Specifying SMT process equipment; setting-up and commissioning this at our new facility in Brighton. With consideration to process flow, layout, best practice, and Industry 4.0.
Skills & Experience
- Solid experience in a similar role with a good understanding of best-practice in a PCBA environment
- An HND in Electro-mechanical, or related engineering field
- Able to perform under pressure across multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Extensive understanding and advanced programming of PCBA process equipment
- Thorough understanding of working in an ISO 9001 and Quality Management System (QMS) environment.
- Good NPI experience with electro-mechanical products
- LEAN Manufacturing/Six Sigma (5S, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), DMAIC, PDCA & VSM)
How to Apply
To play an important part with the market leader in the access control industry, click apply now