Join our manufacturing team in our Eastbourne office where you will productionise NPI products into the manufacturing facility and own a product portfolio and all associated processes. You will also take a significant lead in the DFM (Design for Manufacture), Assembly & Test process for NPI (New Product Introduction), advising on both process capability and best practice.
- Ensure manufacturability is considered throughout the product design lifecycle and opportunities to reduce product and project cost are identified, reported, and realised wherever possible
- Review manufacturing processes to achieve cost-reductions, quality improvements and efficiency recovery. Consideration to workflow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Working closely with Quality Engineers to ensure quality standards are maintained throughout the product design and realisation life-cycle
- Provide manufacturing decision making information by calculating production, labour and material costs and estimating future requirements. This will also include the preparation of product and process reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Solid experience in a similar role with a good understanding of best industry practice
- Natural ability to influence others at all levels
- Knowledge of Component failure modes, Defect Analysis and ISO 9001
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good NPI experience with electro-mechanical products
- Quality Management Systems, Expert in NPI / DFM
- HND in Electro-mechanical, Mechatronics or related engineering field or equivalent experience
How to Apply
To play an important part with the market leader in the access control industry, click apply now.