Join our team in our Brighton office where you will focus on targeted campaigns and communications aimed at Paxton’s key audiences via the media. You will build awareness of Paxton’s brand and key messages via the press and media in new and established territories, whilst ensuring PR campaigns are results-driven and measurable across all platforms. This is a great opportunity for someone that has recently graduated or has some PR experience to build on their career.
- Act as the main contact and representative for PR communications internally and externally and take responsibility for the organisation of all PR on the website, including making sure there are up to date pictures, copy, announcements and press releases.
- Develop creative copy, collaborating with the wider commercial team to co-ordinate collateral supporting the departments campaigns. Look for new and innovative ways to promote company events, news and product and service updates.
- Source and draft news stories to gain coverage and reach our target audience via media channels. Seek out news angles via our internal communications channels to drive further engagement with the Paxton brand.
- Identify new media contacts, clients, and sector opportunities, and keep abreast of news stories that might be relevant to or affect Paxton internationally, nationally and at industry level and share relevant news with interested parties, notably the Marketing Communications team and relevant stakeholders, ensuring issues that could lead to crisis are flagged and communicated according to the crisis communications plan.
- Monitor Paxton’s media coverage, managing and maintaining a clippings file. Create reports and calculate ROI on PR and communications projects to acknowledge achievements and suggest improvements.
- Negotiate and book advertising opportunities in targeted media.
- Co-ordinate translations and regionalisation of communications collateral for international markets, ensuring timely delivery of relevant content in all markets.
- Be prepared to travel ad hoc out of normal working hours and stay overnight to help co-ordinate and attend communications events, such as trade shows, exhibitions, award ceremonies, seminars, etc.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- BA Hons degree in communications/marketing/PR or some equivalent industry experience
- Ability to be highly creative and imaginative;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrable experience or the ability of running multiple projects from inception to delivery, managing & engaging stakeholders
- An interest in commerce, popular culture and new technology for media & communications
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- An eye for detail and excellent proofing skills.
How to apply: If you are interested in this position please click apply now.