Production Assembly Operator
Join our production team based in Eastbourne who are responsible for the manufacturing, assembly, test and packing of Paxton products. The focus of this role is on the assembly and testing of access control equipment and additional production support as required. Plus, the operation of Selective Soldering, break-out and testing of PCBA’s. The hours for this position will be working from 14:00- 23:00 Monday – Thursday and 15:00 – 19:30 Friday.
- Undertake conventional soldering onto Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA’s) in accordance with IPC J-Std-001.
- Undertake Electro-mechanical assembly, either flow-line or bench build.
- Operate IT driven test systems.
- Undertake final product quality inspections.
- Contribute to keeping the production or flowline area tidy.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies and procedures on Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety are implemented.
- Drive Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the level and character of the work as may reasonably be required by the Company
Skills & Experience
- To be IPC J-Std-001 Certified and have previous experience in a similar position
- Surface Mount (SM) hand placement/rework experience would be desirable
- An ability to follow assembly drawings and procedures
- High level attention to detail and desire to maintain and improve quality standards
- Excellent communication skills and a flexible approach to work needs
- A good understanding of best working practices in the electro-mechanical assembly environment
How to apply: If you are interested in this position please send your CV to email@example.com.