The security team had no problems learning Net2. The software is intuitive and they picked it up really easily. It’s a great solution for us as we now use the reports to monitor staff and guest access around the site.
How Paxton helps secure industrial facilities
Managing your building
Access control allows people to move freely about a building, whilst also allowing specific areas to be managed with higher risk or higher security. Additional management benefits include:
- Restricting access to machinery – additional levels of security can be implemented so that only trained users may access machinery
- Manage multiple sites on a single system – only one server is required for up to 1000 doors and 1000 surveillance cameras (Paxton10 only)
- Combined CCTV & access control – a comprehensive visual overview of your site, linking access events to relevant video footage (Paxton10 only)
- ‘On the go’ system management – view events and alerts remotely to your smart device with the Paxton Connect app
- Video door entry – allows you to communicate with any visitors before granting them access to your building
Setting access rights
Depending on which solution you choose, access permissions can be managed remotely from a smart device or browser, from a PC or locally at each door. Our solution can help you manage your site with a range of access permissions.
- Dual authentication – doors can be set to require a token plus PIN/biometric authentication for restricted areas to increase security
- Temporary access – provide visitors, contractors or temporary staff with a token that has a time restriction, granting them access to the site for a specific time range
- Emergency lockdown – secure a site quickly by disabling valid user access through selected doors at the touch of a button (Net2 only)
- Wireless door handles – easily secure single or multiple doors such as rooms with machinery or storage cupboards
Automated security settings
Additional automation possibilities support the smooth running of your building, saving you time and giving you more from your system.
- Auto expiration dates – indicate the dates between which the user’s access is valid. Contractors or temporary staff cards can be configured to have access between certain dates and times
- Motion detection – monitor specific zones video surveillance cameras to trigger video capture when movement is detected (Paxton10 only)
- Roll call – set your system to generate an automatic roll call report when the fire alarm goes off. This helps to identify exactly who is safe once the building has been evacuated
- Energy saving readers – help keep costs down by switching off lights, air conditioning and electrical equipment when the room is empty or the building has closed (Net2 only)
Integrating the system
Integrating with other systems can make your site more streamlined and secure.
- Intruder alarm – control your intruder and access systems from one user interface across different areas of your site and minimise false alarms
- Fire alarm – program your fire doors to automatically open in the event of an emergency
- CCTV – link footage to specific access events
- Lift control – utilising I/O boards the system can be configured to control users access into lifts and individual floors