We found the Paxton system very easy to use and felt confident using the software in less than a day. We are now able to view and monitor who can access which areas of the site by setting specific access rules. Plus, the ability to extend the system in the future is also beneficial.
How Paxton helps secure commercial facilities
Managing your building
Our user-friendly systems allow you to manage their sites from one central platform when installed on a network, making administration simple and straightforward.
- Combined CCTV & access control – a comprehensive visual overview of your site, linking access events to relevant video footage (Paxton10 only)
- Door/building grouping – split your site into public and private areas
- Reports – build customised reports about user events for individual doors or groups of doors at anytime
- Manage multiple sites on a single system – only one server is required for up to 1000 doors and 1000 surveillance cameras (Paxton10 only)
- ‘On the go’ system management – view events and alerts remotely to your smart device with the Paxton Connect app
- Video door entry – allows you to communicate with your visitor before granting them access to your building
- Wireless door handles – a great cost-effective way to secure single or multiple doors such as storage cupboards or meeting rooms
Setting access rights
Depending on which solution you choose, access permissions can be managed remotely from a smart device or browser, from a PC or locally at each door. Our solutions can help you manage your site with a range of access permissions.
- Multi-tenant / Multi-site – restrict operators to only administer tokens within a specific office for when more than one business is sharing a building
- Create groups – easily duplicate access permissions for multiple users or specific departments
- Anti-passback – prevents users from sharing tokens
- Temporary access – provide visitors or temporary staff with a token that has a time restriction
- Emergency lockdown – secure a site quickly at the touch of a button in an emergency. Only specific security personnel can pass through the secured doors (Net2 only)
- Dual authentication – doors can be set to require a token plus PIN/biometric authentication to restrict access to specific areas such as store cupboards and server rooms
Automated security settings
The additional automation possibilities support the smooth running of your building, saving you time and allowing you to gain more from your system than just a security solution.
- Roll call – set your system to generate an automatic roll call report when the fire alarm goes off. This helps to identify exactly who is safe once the building has been evacuated
- Auto expiration dates – indicate the time period a user has access to a building. Visitor cards, for example, can be configured so that their card automatically expires after one day. Contractors or temporary staff cards can be configured to have access between certain dates and times
Integrating the system
Integrating with other systems can make your site more streamlined and secure.
- Intruder alarm – control your intruder and access systems as one across different areas of your site and minimise false alarms
- Fire alarm – program your fire doors to automatically open in the event of an emergency
- CCTV – link footage to specific access events in our software
- Lift control – utilising I/O boards the system can be configured to control access into lifts and to individual floors (Net2 only)