New Net2 tutorial series available for Paxton installers
GREENVILLE, SC, December 16, 2020
Paxton has produced a new series of Net2 tutorials to support installers with the latest features in our innovative access control software. These short, informative videos provide guidance on how to make buildings more COVID-secure with Net2.
The unprecedented nature of the coronavirus has led many businesses and building developers around the world to consider how people can move safely around their sites and maintain social distance whilst ensuring their business remains economically productive in the months ahead. In what seems to now be ‘the new normal’, varying degrees of social restrictions are likely to remain in place across many countries.
Jonathan Lach, Paxton’s Vice President Sales explains: “We recognize the role that access control has to play in making buildings safer and limiting the spread of the coronavirus. As a technology company, we want to provide solutions that address the problems posed by the pandemic and help people to safely return to work”.
Since the start of the pandemic, Paxton has introduced several updates to their flagship access control system, Net2. The system is installed globally in a variety of commercial and public sector buildings, as well as critical sites such as schools, hospitals, and laboratories.
Lach further explains: “Net2 is installed in many different types of buildings around the world. Making those sites safer for people during the pandemic means a lot to our installers and their end users. Because of this, we have seen an increase in demand for contactless and thermal scanning technology. So, we have developed the features of Net2, and created some extra functionality that really does help make a difference.”
To roll out these updates quickly and efficiently, as well as provide simple and useful information for our installers and end-users, Paxton has produced five easy to digest tutorial videos. Each of these videos showcases the new features and the potential to reduce contamination among users on site.
• Contactless access control – hygienic access via touchless entry and exit points, moving away from touch-based devices
• Flexible access permissions – meeting social distancing guidelines, limiting access to high traffic areas and implementing a one-way flow of movement
• Occupancy management – assigning visitors and staff to designated areas and monitoring people numbers with alerts to further support social distancing
• Thermal scanning – using thermal cameras to support health and wellbeing in high security areas and identifying people that could be at risk
• Checkpoint Control – setting designated checkpoints in specific areas of a building where users must be validated before they can access other areas
Alongside the software updates and tutorials, Paxton’s on-demand webinar is also available to help new and existing installers identify how access control can help make their specific sites more secure and in line with current guidelines. Follow the link to watch Paxton’s definitive guide to COVID-secure buildings.