We found the Paxton system very easy to use and felt confident using the software in less than a day. We are now able to view and monitor who can access which areas of the site by setting specific access rules. Plus, the ability to extend the system in the future is also beneficial.
How Paxton helps secure education facilities
Managing your building
Access control allows people to move freely around a building, whilst also ensuring specific areas like offices and staff rooms benefit from higher security. Our solutions can be used as an effective registration tool, providing easy, automated reporting of who is on site.
- Reduce costs – decrease administration and utility costs with automated reporting and integrated building management functionality
- Customised dashboards – create bespoke dashboards to suit any user requirement (Paxton10 only)
- ‘On the go’ system management – view events and alerts remotely to your smart device with the Paxton Connect app
- Card designer – personalize cards with staff and student photos for quick visual verification
- Reports – build custom reports about user events, or for individual or groups of doors. For example, if a door is forced open you can receive an email notification instantly with any associated CCTV footage if you integrate your system
- Anti-passback – prevents students or unauthorized users from sharing tokens
Setting access rights
Depending on which solution you choose, access permissions can be managed from a PC or locally at each door. Either way, our solutions can help you manage your site with a range of access permissions.
- New user registration – speed up enrolment of new users with the Paxton Connect app
- License free smart credentials – allow staff and students to gain access using their smartphone or smartwatches, utilizing secure Bluetooth technology (Paxton10 only)
- Multiple user groups – easily set up your building using groups, such as ‘students’ and ‘teachers’. Teachers can access all areas such as the staff room, whilst students can access just the main school entrance
- Emergency lockdown – secure the campus quickly at the touch of a button. In the event of an emergency, only specific security personnel can be permitted to pass through secured doors during lockdown (Net2 only)
- Video intercom – a quick and convenient way for Reception staff to visually verify visitors before granting them access into the school
Automated security settings
Automation allows you to run your building efficiently, gaining more from your system than just a security solution.
- Auto expiration dates – indicate the time period that a user’s access is valid. Visitor cards, for example, can be configured so that they automatically expire after one day. Contractors or cleaning staff can be set up to have access only between certain dates and times
- Roll call – set your system to generate an automatic roll call report when the fire alarm goes off. This helps to identify exactly who is safe once the building has been evacuated
- Energy saving readers – help keep costs down by switching off lights, air conditioning and electrical equipment when the room is empty or the school has closed for the day
Integrating the system
Integrating your access control solution with other systems can make your building more streamlined and secure.
- Cashless vending – when integrating with a cashless vending system, students can put money onto their access cards to pay for school meals without needing to carry money. If a card is lost it can be cancelled and re-issued easily (Net2 only)
- Wireless locksets – the PaxLock is an ideal way to quickly expand your security system, as it can be installed retrospectively using the existing door handle installations with limited disruption to students or classes
- Integrate with other systems – our systems seamlessly integrate with a range of other manufacturers including CCTV, biometrics, visitor management, and intruder and fire alarms systems. Our software allows users to manage these systems all from one central platform, making administration simple and straightforward