Product conformity declaration
A Declaration of Conformity (DoC) is used to show compliance with the following European Directives:
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive
- Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment (R&TTE) Directive
- Restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances (RoHS)
To obtain a DoC for any given product, please contact Paxton Technical Support with the product name and sales code.
Contact Paxton Support
Paxton product compliance
Paxton has worked to ensure its compliance with legislation covering data protection including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by 25th May 2018.
Our access control products also include the features necessary for our customers to achieve compliance.
- Our systems are protected with password protection and operator rights, limiting the access to the data within the system. For the benefit of increased security, the systems can be set to automatically log out an operator if the system is inactive for an extended period.
- You can set the system to report on information held for an individual, as well as permanently delete a user and all associated information if requested.
- User activity in the system, in the form of events, can be deleted manually at any given point or a set timescale (i.e. 30 days) automatically. In the case of Paxton10, video records can also be deleted in the same way. Event information can be retained in the case of Net2, but can be anonymised. Net2 does not hold video data but any links to associated video can also be removed as part of the deletion of user information and events.
- Data security is achieved within the systems by the use of best practice methods and database structure.
- There are two new application notes relating to the security update within Net2 v5.04:
Net2 Security Settings – Data Protection and Strong Password Enforcement
Net2 Default System Engineer password – update
We have made sure that our products will provide the tools required to allow compliance if used correctly, however, Paxton is not responsible for a user’s compliance with GDPR and do not offer advice on how to be compliant.
Last modified: January 25th 2019
Respect for your privacy is important to us. At Paxton we aspire to build our Services with a set of strong privacy principles in mind.
Paxton Access Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered number is 1879474) with registered office at:
Home Farm Road,
VAT registration number is GB 423 16 73 74.
Please also read Paxton Terms and conditions which describe the terms under which you use our Products and Services.